Virtual CE Event
What is State-Of-The-Art: Management of Corneal Edema with Dr. Jake McMillin
Thursday, June 17, 2021
7 pm EST
This is an online webinar; login details will be sent to you after you register.
Thank you for your interest in our upcoming CE event at Drs. Campbell, Cunningham, Taylor & Haun. Hosted by Jake McMillin, M.D., a fellowship-trained ophthalmic surgeon and corneal specialist, this will be an in-depth look into the management of corneal edema. Please scroll down to see the course objectives. This event is worth 1.5 CE credits.
- Highlight the pathophysiology of corneal edema
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of corneal edema
- Take a deeper look at Fuchs’ Dystrophy and staging
- Discuss the use of tomography in early diagnosis of corneal edema
- Highlight the various types of Endothelial Keratoplasty, their pros/cons and common complications
- Expand on the future of endothelial cell transplant
“In the past fifteen years, the field of cornea transplantation has been revolutionized, with modern corneal transplant procedures we are able to selectively transplant layers as thin as fifteen microns, all under local anesthesia. Recovery is now a couple of weeks, instead of a year or more. Giving patients back excellent vision with a corneal transplant is incredibly gratifying.”
Learn more about Corneal Specialist Dr. McMillin HERE